So the ice cream maker I have gotten has made my mind swirl with so many different flavors. This is exactly what happen with this ice cream flavor. I had some extra chocolate chips in the fridge from making an earlier ice cream recipe, love mint, and was craving the blizzard oreos we had purchased a day earlier at target. To say the least, this was an amazing combination! It was so good, this is definitely going in the rotation of ice creams this summer. If you love mint and chocolate this will definitely be your new go to recipe. Enjoy!
Mint Chocolate Chip Oreo Blizzard Ice Cream
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 package of Oreo (blizzard flavor is what I used) crushed
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, stir together the milk, cream, sugar, salt, vanilla extract and peppermint extract until the sugar has dissolved. Color to your liking with the green food coloring.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Fold in the chocolate chips and crushed Oreos. Spoon into the appropriate freezer containers and let set for at least 4 hours.